» version 1.1 - posted on 2006-08-08
EULA - End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS LICENCE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE PICTURENOTE SOFTWARE. BY USING THE PICTURENOTE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENCE, DO NOT USE THE PICTURENOTE SOFTWARE.
The PictureNote software ("Software") is licensed, not sold, to you by I-Logic Software ("i-Logic") for use only under the terms of this License, and i-Logic reserves any rights not expressly granted to you. You own the media on which the Software is recorded, but i-Logic and its licensors retain ownership of the software itself.
1. License. A Single Computer License allows you to:
(a) Use one copy of the Software on a single computer at a time. To "use" the software means that the software is either loaded in the temporary memory (i.e. RAM) of a computer or installed on the permanent memory of a computer (i.e. hard disk, CD ROM, etc.). You may install the software on a common storage device which is accessible by multiple computers, provided that if more computers have access to the common storage device than the number of licensed copies of the Software, you must have some software mechanism which locks-out any concurrent users in excess of the number of licensed copies of the Software (an additional license is not needed for the one copy of Software installed on the common storage device accessed by multiple computers).
(b) Make one copy of the Software in machine readable form solely for backup purposes. Additionally, only so long as the Software is installed only on the permanent memory of a single desktop computer which is not accessible by multiple computers and that single desktop computer is used by one user for at least 80% of the time the computer is in use, that same user may also make a copy of the software to use on a portable or home computer which is primarily used by such user. As an express condition of this License, you must reproduce on each copy any copyright notice or other proprietary notice that is on the original copy supplied by i-Logic.
(c) Permanently transfer all your rights under this license to another party by providing to such party all copies of the Software licensed under this License together with a copy of this License and the accompanying written materials, provided that the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License.
2. Restrictions. The Software contains trade secrets in its human perceivable form and, to protect them you may not REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE OR OTHERWISE REDUCE THE SOFTWARE TO ANY HUMAN PERCIEVABLE FORM. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, ADAPT, TRANSLATE, RENT, LEASE, LOAD OR CREATE DERIVITIVE WORKS BASED UPON THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PART THEREOF.
3. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. This License will terminate immediately without notice from i-Logic or judicial resolution if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon such termination you must destroy the Software, all accompanying written materials and all copies thereof, and Sections 5,6 and 7 will survive any termination.
4. Export Law Assurances. You agree that neither the Software nor any direct product thereof is being or will be shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act and the regulations thereunder or will be used for any purpose prohibited by the Act.
5. Limited Warranty. i-Logic warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from your date of purchase that the Software provided by i-Logic will substantially conform to i-Logic's published specifications for the Software. i-Logic's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy for any breech of the foregoing limited warranty will be, at i-Logic's option, replacement of the media (if any), refund of the purchase price (based on fair market value of the Software) or repair or replacement of the software.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY PROVIDED BY I-LOGIC AND I-LOGIC AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPNYING WRITTEN MATERIALS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitations of Remedies and Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL I-LOGIC, PARENT OR SUBSIDIARIES OR ANY OF THE LICENSORS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AFFLIATES OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ( INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE), WHETHER FORSEEABLE OR UNFORSEEABLE, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF I-LOGIC OR AN I-LOGIC REPRESENTITIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. I-Logic's liability to you for direct damages for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of action, will be limited to the money paid for the Software (based on fair market value of the Software) that caused the damages.
THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY IN CASE OF PERSONAL INJURY ONLY WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW REQUIES SUCH LIABILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. General. This License will be construed under the laws of the State of Connecticut, except for that body of law dealing with conflicts of law. If any provision of this License shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the remaining provisions of this License will remain in full force and effect. If you are a U.S. Government user then the Software is provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS" as set forth in subparagraphs (c) (1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52.227-19 or subparagraph (c) (1)(iii) of the Rights of Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.277-7013, as applicable. Manufacturer: I-Logic Software, 655 Talcottville Rd.#116 Vernon CT 06066